2nd GradeEarth’s Systems: Processes that Shape the Earth
- Water is found in the ocean, rivers, lakes, and ponds. Water exists as solid ice and in liquid form. (2-ESS2-3)
- Maps show where things are located. One can map the shapes and kinds of land and water in any area. (2-ESS2-2)
- Some events happen very quickly; others occur very slowly, over a time period much longer than one can observe. (2-ESS1- 1)
- Wind and water can change the shape of the land. (2-ESS2-1)
- Because there is always more than one possible solution to a problem, it is useful to compare and test designs. (secondary to 2-ESS2-1)
Next Generation Science Standards is a multi-state effort to create new education standards that are “rich in content and practice, arranged in a coherent manner across disciplines and grades to provide all students an internationally benchmarked science education.”
Our team from Temple University has developed this resource for all K-12 students and teachers of science. These vetted learning tools align to the NGSS. Find one we should include? Just fill out the form.